Project Proposals

For this class, I really wanted to focus on a project that could give back to a community that is under served. I thought up of 3 projects to potential work on for this semester.

The first one was a text-911 application for Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing people. It was something that I have always wanted to do. I have had hearing issues since I was young, but I myself am not Deaf/Hard-of-Hearing. This, however, gave me a better perspective in realizing that D/HH people do not have the luxury of dialing 911 like hearing people do.



Secondly, I wanted to work on a domestic violence application that would help victims discretely connect to resources in their area. This would be hidden within a fake application, wherein the user could access information safely and discretely within a hidden place in the app.



Lastly, I wanted to work with the Family Service Agency of San Francisco - Felton Institute. In the Bay Area, many elderly people have issues accessing and getting the help they need as they age. Many low-income families and families with disabled members also are afflicted by not knowing community resources available to them.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About me

The End

Midterm & Surveys