An Activity in Empathy

This week, we paired up and created a product/concept for our partner. From the activity, we discussed aspects in our lives to get a better idea of what we should make for one another. I had the pleasure of working with Danny, a product designer who was interested in working with San Francisco night lighting. He also emphasized the importance of family to me. With the time we had, I sketched up a few concept ideas. One was an app that helped track current lighting systems in SF. The next was a little flower light that he could give to his family and he could have himself. Conceptually, every time he squeezed the flower, the flower would light on his family's end. Here is my low fidelity prototype:

He mentioned that it would be cool if a "scent" feature could be added, so if he pushed a button, a nice aroma could be emitted on the other end.
Danny made me a wonderful "pop-up library" concept for some philanthropic work I am involved in. These prototypes turned out great and gave us a good introduction into designing from different perspectives! Here was the prototype he created for me:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About me

The End

Midterm & Surveys